Kristin Behler, MPH, MCHES®, has been selected by Lehigh Valley Business as one of this year’s winners in the “Forty Under 40” awards program, which celebrates 40 of the Greater Lehigh Valley’s most accomplished young businessmen and women. Behler is Director of Health Promotion and Wellness at BeneFIT Corporate Wellness, a division of Populytics, Inc., wholly owned data analytics subsidiary of Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN). With the company for eight years, she has led the development of numerous programs, spearheaded wellness initiatives at LVHN, and has been instrumental in community partnerships focused on population health.
Some of her leadership achievements with BeneFIT Corporate Wellness include:
- Achieved recognition/accreditation by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) in Worksite Health Promotion in 2013 and for three subsequent years after with near perfect scores
- Fostered development of Populytics’ Health and Wellness Coaching service line, and advocated team development; as a result, several BeneFIT staff members were among the first in the country to become Board-Certified Health and Wellness Coaches
- Introduced Condition Support Programs, available to both LVHN and corporate clients, which are evidence-based programs aimed at helping patients better manage chronic conditions and prevent adverse health outcomes
- Development of the BeneQUIT Tobacco Cessation program that has helped 67% of participants quit using tobacco
- Worked closely with LVHN’s human resources team and provided consultative leadership for the redesign of LVHN’s employee wellness program
- Nurtured partnerships with local companies and organizations toward the integration of healthy lifestyles
Behler continues to actively pursue education that contributes to the growth and development of Populytics Care Coordination and population health services. She is enrolled in continuing education courses in lifestyle medicine and worksite wellness legal/compliance topics. She is co-chair of the inaugural LVHN Young Professionals, Professional Development committee, and has taken an active role in planning opportunities for young professionals and LVHN executives, networking events, and professional development sessions.
Past and present community-directed activities include volunteering with the American Heart Association, with emphasis on raising awareness of women’s heart disease topics. She previously spent four years volunteering with Angel 34, a local organization that helps children with cancer and their families, and contributed support/event planning to the organization’s Tour de Hershey, an 80-mile bike ride from the Lehigh Valley to Hershey, Pa. Behler has been a decade-long supporter of the Muscular Dystrophy Association, and has volunteered with the Safe Haven committee, which works to educate the community on safe and anonymous options to surrender infants and prevent abandonment.
Behler received both her bachelor’s and master’s degrees in Public Health from East Stroudsburg University. She is a Master Certified Health Education Specialist (MCHES®). She will be honored at Lehigh Valley Business’s Forty Under 40 virtual Awards Celebration Thursday, July 16 starting at 5:30 p.m. Tickets are available here.
For more information on Populytics’ capabilities, contact us here.
Populytics, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN), is a population health management and advanced analytics firm that facilitates the movement toward value-based care. Through our advanced analytics toolkit, we transform health insurance claims and clinical data into actionable information for constituents such as hospitals and health systems, physicians and other clinicians, as well as employers, and the region at large. Our services include population health analytics, health benefits administration and consulting, and clinical care coordination. Populytics’ services afford higher quality care while bending the cost curve. As an added benefit to regional businesses during COVID-19, Populytics has consolidated LVHN’s employer health care resources into a comprehensive return to work portfolio. Offerings range from diagnostic/antibody testing and counseling for stress management, to long-term well-being programs. Learn more here.